Friday, April 25, 2008

Blog Sob

So I have officially stopped the count down now.
I actually think I am not ready for this baby to come yet and it is just simply way too soon.
so it is going to have to wait.

Here is a list of why the baby can't come yet.

1. This is the 1st baby I have had since my mom passed away, I think I am getting sadder as I get closer to the actual date that she won't be here

2. Name conflict- my vote is for Grace- in fact I have already hung it on the wall. We will be limited to names we can spell with Grace rearranged. Acre or Ager or cager just don't work for me.

3. Middle name conflict- well not so much a conflict as I have no good ideas when it comes to middle names so any suggestion would be appreciated.

4. I haven't cleaned out all my cupboards yet.

5. the sleepless nights I know I am in for without the aid of caffeine

Now that I know that I am going to be fat forever because this baby simply can't come yet, I think I will go lay on the couch, watch hgtv and eat cookies.




11 comments:

laurie said...

Hi Beth,

I hope you remember me, I couldn't help but check out your blog. This post made me a little bit sad for you! I'm so sorry about your mom, I'm sure she'll be with you in spirit. I love,love,love the name Grace, do keep it, no matter the cost, and definitely, I agree, we should keep the pregnant wife happy. Your family is darling, I'm glad I got to peek in on you guys! Good luck with the new baby! Oh,and one little piece of advice, forget about the cupboards!

THE ORMES said...

I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now, but I know that in true Beth fashion you'll make it through and in a month's time you'll be building a roller coaster in your backyard or something to that nature. :) You always amaze me.

As for the name problems:
1. Coming up with a name is hard enough without everyone calling dibs on names they MIGHT use. What if the next name you pick someone else MIGHT want to use? We say stop it right now and name the baby Grace (and make YOUR family happy). You are the one who's having a baby girl RIGHT now and it's the name that you ARE going to use. You're not being mean; the reality is it's YOUR time to pick a baby's name and you have every right to pick the name that you want.
2. As for the middle name, sorry. We'd help out, but we're not good at picking out names. In fact, do you have any good suggestions for a boy's name?

Cristina HW said...

beth, i think this is one of the coolest, most personal posts you've ever made. it meant a lot as your friend to read it.
now here's the deal, i think you should eat those cookies happily, (ah, stott cookies, the thought of it right now, yum!) watch your hgtv, (although you should probably work there-you're so good at that stuff) and i give you full friend permission to use william as grace's middle name. :P LOL!

Mike and Kelly said...

Beth- I think you have all rights to the name Grace, unless someone else can produce a baby girl with in the next week and a half.;) I know what you mean by the cupboards, I do the same thing when I am pregnant. That is the best part of pregnancy if you ask me. Take advantage of the nesting while you can, because afterwards it aint commin back.

-Also your mom told me to look after you when she left right after Meri, I think that still applies now. I know it is a poor substitute, but what good is it to have a neighbor across the street if you can't call them at all hours of the day. Hang in there.

Kaylynne said...

Beth - I am sorry this is a hard time. I just wanted you to know I am not that far if you need me.

Lynnie said...

I personally really like the name Grace and unless it's Brian that's totally against it, I'd say use it. And even if it is him, convince him otherwise cause you're the girl and you've been thinking of names since you were 12. And since I'm the next one to pop on this side of the family, I can guarantee you that I won't fight you on it.
As for middle names, I'm really into Nora, Cora and Adele but of course we can't really decide on a boy name. Anyway, good luck and I hope you get done what you want in the next week.

elements: overexposed said...

You crack me up! I wish I was laying on the sofa watching HGTV eating cookies with you! So funny!

Rebecca said...

LOVE Grace! Not envying you at this stage of pregnancy but excited for the outcome! Take advantage of having a great excuse for ALL of lifes indulgences and DO NOT feel guilty!

Always, Hannah said...

We are very partial to the name Grace, it is after all Hannah's middle name. Sorry about your mom but I know Kelly will take excellent care of you. She is a natural.

Stacy said...

Beth,
I love the name Grace Elizabeth. And hey that gives you a bit of a namesake as well.
Eat tons of cookies, don't worry about the cupboards (they just get messed up again anyway), and get a prenatal massage.
If you need a labor coach I am available. I need an excuse to come to Texas.
Did I tell you I am moving to D.C.?
Stacy Sorensen

Kristen said...

I love the name Grace. I think Kelly sounds really good after it, but maybe because it is that old time actresses' name and I am used to hearing it. Anyway, I still love it. and I love the name Kelly too.
Some family members have liked the names I liked too (this is the feel I get), but then it just made it simple because I have a lot of names I like and I know I am not having that many babies to use all the names. I am sure they'll get over it.

Blog Archive