Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Life as I know it

On any typical afternoon this is what my family room looks like.
I have no idea why Merry is wearing that hat- I don't even know where she found it, because I haven't seen it in several months

Funny Merry stories-I took away my cell phone from Merry today, she started to cry and said "I am not Merry any more- I am sad."
Merry also has I special dance she calls her girl dance- it consists of her jumping up and down and flapping her arms. Brian started imitating her the other day- she screamed at Brian- "that dance is not for boys its for giiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirls." Boys doing the girl dance is a pretty serious crime in Merry's book.

I found some super cute denim at walmart the other day- it has a cool stripey weave. I could not resist it even though I am on a self-imposed cloth buying ban. Now it is a denim jumper for Merry complete with yogurt stains.

8 comments:

The Blaisdell Family said...

Glad my house isn't the only crazy one by the end of the day. At the time when kids do stuff like that I don't really mind, it's the picking up later that drives me nuts! It just gets old!

So if I read right, you made Merry's dress in the picture? Where do you get time to just whip stuff up like this?? It's way cute, even with yogurt on it:)

And how dare Brian commit the sin of doing Merry's girl dance!! I'm assuming this is the first of a long string of things when it comes to having a daughter?:) YIPPEE!

elements: overexposed said...

Cute dress and funny stories!

Mike and Kelly said...

Merry is a hoot. And if you have children and your living room does not look like a bomb dopped on it by the end of the day there is something wrong with your kids, check their temperature.

Hokanson Family said...

That looks like my house about 10 minutes after I clean it!! You kids are cute!

elements: overexposed said...

A few things:

1. Adorable 4ht of July dresses
2. Where did you get your 4th of July swag flags for your home?
3. I'm very impressed that you photograph baby no. 3 so frequent! Kudos!
4. Your kids are so cute!

Janine Padilla said...

I love all the merry stories. She is a hoot. I can't believe you whipped up another dress! Amazing. That's good to know that poblano peppers grow here too. Maybe next year we'll try that!

Rebecca said...

Looks like my house! I love reading about your life--except all the parts that make me feel jealous of your many talents! :0) Can I be cool enough to consider you my friend?

Michelle Cox said...

Oh my, looks like my living room, only our throw pillows (which are slip covers I made a few years ago) are often on their heads like warrior helmets or on their feet like ducks. I often find "treasures" stashed away inside.

Blog Archive